Security Notice for Applicants Visiting our Visa Application Centers
Due to security reasons, only the following items will be permitted inside the Application Centers or stored in the premises: Folders containing your passport (s) and visa application related papers after a proper security check.
Any objectionable item as enumerated below will not be permitted inside the VACs and we take no responsibility for its custody:
- All battery operated or electronic devices, such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapons or weapon-like objects or explosive material of any kind.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on the Security Staff's discretion.
Please also note that generally we do not permit friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants into the center, unless special needs apply (e.g. to accompany hearing-impaired, physically challenged, elderly applicants or applicants requiring interpreters).